Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Our 33 year old daughter is recovering from Viral Meningitis

Customer Question

Our 33 year old daughter is recovering from Viral Meningitis and still having severe headaches, chest pain and other aches and pains, along with a high level of fatigue after 4 weeks from inception of the disease (spent 6 days in hospital). What can we do to help her recover more quickly and completely, at this stage? Supplements, meds, treatments, anything? She has three young children, husband, 2 dogs, a house and a full-time job!! She is unable to drive.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Still having headaches and all the other symptoms that you have mentioned after four weeks from the inception of the disease should be investigated further.
I would not presume this to be due to viral meningitis which goes away completely in about a week to two at the most.
There is no harm in taking a multivitamin like centrum and vitamin B12 supplements along with that at this stage but I firmly believe that she requires further evaluation, preferably by a neurologist.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kind regards