Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have had a swollen knee years,which makes it difficult

Customer Question

I have had a swollen knee for some years,which makes it difficult to climb stairs ,it stiffens up when I sit down for a while and takes a minute or two to loosen up when I stand other than that it is not painful .I have had two cartilage ops oon the knee
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Thank you for that information.
I do not see any question but, as far as what you should do, I suggest you get into see an orthopedic surgeon. If you do not like your current doc, then you might consider going to a University Medical center.
Why a large medical center? Because At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was diagnosed with A F acouple of years ago for which i am taking pradaxa but my knee problem happened long befafore that
Thank you for that additional information.
I agree: I do not believe your AF is a factor in your knee problem.
I believe you will get excellent care at a large Medical Center.
I wish you the very best.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS