Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have left PAIN in my arm most of the day---is this a sign

Customer Question

I have left PAIN in my arm most of the day---is this a sign of heart attack, which I had 1 the 1st of april 2011
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
What part of your left arm hurts? What is the quality if the pain? Do you also have any discomfort in the chest?
Did you have similar left arm pain with your prior heart attack?
Did the the nitrostat help???
Does it hurt to lift or move the arm? Is the arm sore to touch?( these factors would lead AWAY from suspicion of angina or acute coronary syndrome)
Do you have nausea or cold clammy sweats?( increase worry with these symptoms of heart)
There may be simple reason for arm pain such as muscular pain -- strain or bruise for example. Sometimes it may be easy to distinguish this from heart related cause...
If you have reason to suspect heart related pain then I advise you to play it safe. Go to ER if this is real concern. Call 911 if you need to!!
I will be happy to discuss symptoms further with you but I don't want to cause you any delay in needed treatment or evaluation!!
I hope that this is helpful. Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you. If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD