Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have the same electric current thing going on but in the

Customer Question

I have the same electric current thing going on but in the area over my left ribcage close to center of my chest about a 6 inch round area feels numb like there is no touch sensation to the skin there and a constant pain like overworked muscles goes through my left shoulder and down to my elbow on my left arm.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Since how long are you having this problem?
Do you have any other medical problems?
What is your age?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Please let me know.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Been noticing like a tingling or weird feeling kind of moving around in my chest area for a couple months, just thought maybe it was nerves or a back problem but now it seems to be staying in my left chest area and feels like a heaviness on my rib area. I dont have any other medical problems or take any medicines for anything, I am 46 years old.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You can't seriously call your questions to my question an answered question, never mind I'll just go to the doctor here and request a refund.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the late response as I was away for a moment.

If you have not had an EKG I would have that just to be on the safe side. It does not seem like anything serious or anything to worry about. With the symptoms that you are having it seems like a misfiring nerve that is causing this problem. Back problems i.e. a disc pressing on a nerve can cause electrical current like feeling but this would not happen in one particular area like what you are having. Having said that I would still have an MRI of your spine done to make sure it is normal and there is no disc or bone problem that is pressing on a nerve causing your problem. I would also have a vitamin B12 level done as well to rule out low vitamin B12 as the cause of your symptoms. Let me know if you have more questions. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below Kind regards