Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Doctor.I had an old Big toe (right) fracture that has healed. I

Customer Question

Hello doctor.
I had an old Big toe (right) fracture that has healed. I had my fracture during 12/23/2013 and since it is an intra-articular fracture it never healed 100% and my toe is stiff. Then after 3 months I got another x-ray and doctors says I had post traumatic arthritis on my toe. Then on around April-May 2014 about 4-5 months after the fracture I notice that my toe had been feeling "warm" and sweatier than my other toe but it is not painful to touch or firm palpitation unless I really tried/force to bend it since it is stiff. I googled on the net for the symptoms and I feared it might be CRPS or something else? it also spread quite rapidly during April-May 2014 it felt like the "warm" feeling from my toe had spread to my whole right leg then my left leg and then my hands in about 3 weeks. Then a month later I feel "warm"/"hot sensations all over my body and it get even more aggrevated when I walk a lot and during hot weather conditions. I was worried that this might be CRPS?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also got X-rays multiple times and the latest I did was on February this year 2015, I also did an MRI scan on April 2014 last year for my big toe. No bone loss are detected through radiology. But then I tested for EMG and it diagnosed me with "spasmophilia" but I don't know what that is or could it be related to CRPS? I also did CRP blood test which came negative, magnesium (normal), diabetes (negative), anion gap (high), TSH hormone test, and finaly ANA test and it was positive (1:100) titer result varies there were 3 Auto-antibodies tested and (1:100) titer was the highest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note: TSH hormone test came (negative)
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
are you on any medicine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently not on any medications.
Sorry about the late reply
I think you are correct to worry
This is exactly how CRPS starts and acts.
I would recommend you see a neurologist that is specifically trained in CRPS
Are you close to any large university hospitals?