Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Numbness and tingling in foot and hand (left side) on and off

Customer Question

numbness and tingling in foot and hand (left side) on and off for two weeks. constant last four days. ekg with doctor ok
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Do you have any pain in your spine like neck pain or lower backache? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a little bit of an achy lower back. Had an operation for torn rotator cup on the left shoulder (2012).
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Numbness or tingling anywhere in the body indicates that some nerve is being compressed or is inflamed. So your problem is related to nerve compression or inflammation. This nerve compression can be in the spine or can be in the hand or foot itself. Since you have this on one side of the body only, this means that the compression is likely in the spine. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can use any over the counter multivitamin tablet which contain vitamin B12. It is good for nerves and will help you. Moreover taking over the counter available tablet aleve twice daily for 5 days will be helpful to relieve any inflammation. If symptoms persist, you should visit your neurologist but I reassure you that these symptoms have nothing to do with your heart. One must not even suspect heart problem with these symptoms. Foot numbness never points towards heart problem so please don't stress yourself. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards