DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I am trying to come to gripes

Customer Question

.My name is Karen. I am trying to come to gripes with the sudden (over the past month) lack of stamina when walking.I was diagnosed with MS a year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This can be part of MS
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why when I try to walk and increase my stamina will my body not cooperate. In March I could walk around the house, grocery store, etc and do about 3500 steps a day. No I am luck if I can do 1000 a day. I am fighting an uphill battle since breaking both ankles just after (4 days) MS diagnosis
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Because there is hyper reflexia in the muscles and a problem with the nerve junction to the muscles.
Physical therapy and correct treatment of the MS is needed.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.