Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I wake up and fingers and thumb on right hand tingle sometimes

Customer Question

I wake up and fingers and thumb on right hand tingle sometimes takes long time to go away. Also fingers swollen on both hands. Should I be worried
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
It is possible that you could have carpel tunnel syndrome. This can be made worse by sleeping in a position that put pressures on your wrist area.
You could try wearing an over the counter wrist brace at night and see if this makes things better. But, if the swelling and tingling persists you should see your doctor, or an orthopedic surgeon, for a complete exam to prevent permanent nerve damage.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS