Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

My Husban had fusion on c5 c6 two weeks ago after waiting 9

Customer Question

My Husban had fusion on c5 c6 two weeks ago after waiting 9 days to get surgery. before surgery he leaned to left and felt like someone punched him in left eye after 2 day lost feeling to pee. Dr. found problem after 4 days then had to wait 5 days cause he was on plavix. it has been 2 weeks since surgery and hr still lean can't walk with walker on his own..or able to pee HAVE NEVER HARD PAIN WITH THIS. in rehab hospital now, wondering if this is common and will come back
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry your husband is in such pain after surgery.

in the rehab center he should have access to pain medications for post op pain

he should have also had a brain MRI scan and thoracic and lumbar spine MRI scan as well to look at the rest of his spine prior to surgery

did he have these scans before surgery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

NEVER HAD PAIN. sorry , Had MRI of brain when he when in to rule out stroke, and 4 days later had MRI of neck and spine. Has no pain at all and that in itself is strange. On no pain meds. Just not getting any feeling back just wondering if this is normal or if I need to ask for some other test.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, it is not normal to not have sensation to pee.

he should be getting this feeling back

you should be asking his doctor for more testing and neurological evaluation after his surgery.

it seems like he is still leaning and having difficulty walking, symptoms he was having before his surgery.

let em know if you have other questions.