Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have a muscular pain in the back of my left hand side shoulder

Customer Question

I have a muscular pain in the back of my left hand side shoulder and superior part of my left arm d.this has been there for more than a week. Can you tell what can be the causes?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I find a way to accommodate my self crrectly on bed and sleep it goes away but it becomes harder as the times passes during the day. I had similar sin***** *****ke a month ago but it went away for 3 weeks and it came back a week ago.
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I amCustomer an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
The type of pain you are describing can be secondary to various conditions and such conditions include muscle sprain, ligament sprain, bursitis, arthritis, rotator cuff syndrome, and even pinched spinal nerve in the neck too can cause this type of muscular appearing pain in the area you have described. A thorough examination in the clinic followed by certain relevant investigations like an MRI scan, an EMG/Nerve conduction test – which is a nerve and muscle test etc can help us in providing the precise diagnosis regarding what exactly is causing this new onset pain and then treated appropriately. In the meantime for the relief from the pain one or more of the following symptomatic treatment options may be considered – heat pads, anti-inflammatory pain killers like Tramadol or Diclofenac, Muscle relaxants like Baclofen, Nerve-pain pills like Gabapentin, Opioid pain killers like Lortab, Lidoderm pain relieving aesthetic patches, TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Simulation) etc. And I also reassure you this does not sound like any serious or permanent damage, please try to see your clinic doctors and undergo a thorough clinical examination along with the above mentioned investigations and once the precise cause for this pain is identified it will be treated appropriately and in the meantime you may please consider trying the above mentioned symptomatic treatments for the relief from the pain.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer