Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

Having sever pain in my neck (cervical) and between shoulder

Customer Question

Having sever pain in my neck (cervical) and between shoulder blades (thoracic) numbness in arms stabbing pain can't turn my neck ( r/l) . I've been diagnosed in past with cervical, thoracic, lumber, herniated disc, , bulging disc , degenerative disc disease, radulopothy. However this pain is totally different. Nothing I'm taking is helping the pain. What should I do. It's getting worse every day and I can't sleep at night. What would you advise me to do at this point.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having these pains
if you have had herniated disks and pressed nerves before, this would cause severe neck pain and numbness and stabbing in your arms
you have to see a pain management doctor right away
you might need strong steroid anti-inflammatories orally and steroid injections in areas of disk pressure on nerves to take pressure off of the nerves.
you need a new spine MRI scan with contrast of your neck and thoracic spine
and to see a pain management doctor right away
if the steroid injections don't work, you might need to see a spine surgeon to talk about options for spine surgery.