Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Here is my exact symptomI have pain in both arms , the right

Customer Question

Here is my exact symptomI have pain in both arms , the right a little more than the left. It’s in the muscles from the shoulder and in all muscle down through my for arms and even in my wrist. The pain pattern is if I am not moving my arms it starts to ache after about two minutes then it gets worse after 5 or ten it become very uncomfortable after 20 minutes and unbearable by 30 minutes. I have to exercise it while in pain for it to loosens up then it starts all over again. This is a serious problem because I can’t sleep. When I start to dose off, I wake up in excruciating pain every 30 minutes. Unless I keep moving and every time I move I’m in pain and can’t get comfortable. If I force myself through the pain with movement bowling or equivalent the pain gets bearable and I have about 80% normal movement but when I’m not moving it creeps back as described above. I haven hardly slept for 3 weeks. Please help or give me an idea what I should be looking for or will it go away?.Sleepy and in PAIN
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
your pain could be from osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
or possibly ankylosing sponkylitis
you could be having fibromyalgia or a pinched nerve in your neck
you need to see your doctor to get a physical exam and some testing to see what might be causing the pain.
you could be having low potassium or low magnesium levels in your blood as well
do you have a doctor you can see who can do some testing for you ?