Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

Doctor, I also have a lot of back problems that do include

Customer Question

Doctor, I also have a lot of back problems that do include groin pain. My dr told me that is because of the problem with my hips, so he did hip injections but the groin pain is getting worse. What should I do?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having groin pain and back problems.
groin pain can be from an inguinal hernia or from pelvic floor nerve compression or from pressure on the psoas muscle (from something like Iliopsoas tendonitis) or from apulled adductor muscle or a serious femoral neck stress fracture
you need a 3 tesla MRI scan of the pelvis and hips with contrast along with MRI scans of the lumbar and sacral spine with contrast
and also imaging of the psoas muscle with CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis with contrast. this can check for inguinal hernias and compression of the psoas muscle.
heavy lifting can cause a pulled groin adductor muscle which might need time to heal and slow physical therapy stretching and strengthening to prevent reinjury.
have you had MRI scans of your back yet?
I would talk to your doctor about the possibility of a groin muscle pull as well.