Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

What does it mean when I occasionally get strong feeling of

Customer Question

what does it mean when I occasionally get strong feeling of pins and needles in my chest?
Especially when I get shocking news. Example: Today received a call that a beloved family member had suddenly died. I immediately felt the strong sensation of little shocks in my chest
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question.
The symptoms of shock like feeling, pins and needle feeling in the chest after hearing some shocking news is not suspicious for anything serious. This is especially considering these chest symptoms are very brief in duration and go away quickly. These chest symptoms are due to the anxiety & stress created by listening to some serious news and this is not suspicious for any heart conditions like heart attack etc. You may still see your clinic doctor and ask for a thorough clinical examination and also heart tests like EKG & Echocardiogram etc – just as a precautionary measure, but I want to reassure you once again that these chest symptoms you have mentioned above are not suspicious for anything serious and these symptoms seem to be related to the anxiety and stress created after hearing some shocking news.
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Neuro Doctor