DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

My wife is 55 years old and has nightly debilitating leg cramps.

Customer Question

My wife is 55 years old and has nightly debilitating leg cramps. Now it is starting to happen during the day as well. She has numbness and tingling in her legs 24/7. She is taking all kinds of tablets for possible mineral deficiency, phosphate, potassium, magnesium, B12, all to no avail. She is not diabetic nor does she have high blood pressure. Any ideas what is causing this?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
It is circulation or lower spine disease.
Lower extremity doppler studies, an ultrasound, and maybe MRI of the lower spine are needed.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.