Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have had the b6 and b12 and Lyme desease test done. Lyme

Customer Question

I have had the b6 and b12 and Lyme desease test done. Lyme even. The b6 is high and b12 in range. For 2 months I have had pain, numbness and burning tingling pains in different parts of my body. I had a cervical MRi done some damage from c2-7. Always has been. I am Caucasian 48 great health til recently. I have had numbness in face, tongue, back, eyes. Very scary. Neuro said neck but she said wouldn't cause face, mouth, eyes. What is it.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
What did the Neurologist say was the cause of the facial symptoms?
Were other tests done, such as electrolytes and thyroid tests?
There are many different possible causes of numbness, although it is correct that problems in the cervical spine would not cause head and facial symptoms. The findings on examination by the Neurologist would guide the evaluation. However, in your case, since there has been certain tests for metabolic causes of nerve dysfunction, it is appropriate to assure that there has been tests for other metabolic causes, which is why I asked for the additional information noted above.
The Neurologist may already have these labs and may have been able to specify what was thought to be the cause of the head and facial symptoms.