Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have a swollen cheek that is numb and i am lightheaded cant

Customer Question

i have a swollen cheek that is numb and i am lightheaded cant handle bright light
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no tooth ache
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this isCustomer an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience. The Expert to whom this question was originally addressed is not available now so the company has made this question available to other Experts too.
Coming to the discussion;
The symptoms you have mentioned may be suggestive of few different health conditions, for example you may be developing obstruction to the venous blood flow in the head region. There are conditions called as venous sinus thrombosis and this type of condition result when there is a clot developing in one of the vein or venous sinus in the head region. This condition may be connected inside the skull cavity or not. But this condition can cause the type of symptoms you are having. another possibility is you may be developing some kind of local inflammation or infection of the facial structures and this also can result in the type of symptoms you are having.
You need to see your clinic doctors preferably a neurologist asap so that you can receive a thorough clinical examination and also certain relevant investigations like an MRI & MRV of the brain etc and once the exact cause for these new symptoms is identified it will be treated appropriately. And please see that these symptoms like swollen & numb cheek, lightheadedness, unable to handle bright light etc do not automatically mean that there is an underlying serious condition, in fact these type of symptoms can be related to some non-serious benign treatable/curable conditions too, however considering these are new symptoms so you may please see your clinic doctors preferably a neurologist as soon as possible so that you can receive a thorough clinical evaluation/clinical examination & certain relevant investigations too as pointed above (MRI & MRV of the brain etc) and then treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see your clinic doctors including a neurologist as soon as possible.
All the very best!
Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.
Best regards,
Customer