Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I have been under a neurolist and family doctor care

Customer Question

I have been under a neurolist and family doctor care for essential tremor care for over 10 years. Ihave taken so many medications there is not enough room to list them here. My tremors are getting worse. Please help me.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I amCustomer an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience and I am very glad to help you with your health question. Sorry to see that you are suffering from severe ET (Essential Tremors) and these tremors are worsening and also innumerable meds tried unfortunately did not help you to control these tremors. Since myriad meds have not helped you so I will try to provide a list of non-medication options and you may consider trying one or more of these options to help with controlling these severe progressive ET. This is the list of several non-medication options to treat ET; A) CAM (Complementary and Alternative medicine) treatments like; 1) Acupuncture B) MBM (Mind and Body Medicine) treatments like; 1) Hypnotherapy 2) Yogas/meditation 3) Biofeedback 4) Relaxation techniques etc C) Surgical or Special treatments like; 1) Focused deep Ultrasound therapy 2) DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation) of the thalamus 3) GKT (Gamma Knife Thalamotomy – a non-surgical method) 4) Surgical Thalamotomy etc You may please consider trying one or more of these above non-medication treatment options to help in controlling these severe and progressive ET (Essential tremors). Please go through the above information and let me know if you have any further questions. And if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question. Best regards,Customer