Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been diagnosed with rumitide arthritis, severe in the

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with rumitide arthritis, severe in the back with no help available
I can hardly walk and the pain in my left foot and leg is at 8-10 index.
what can I do to be able to walk w/o pain?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.The first and foremost thing to do is to start on Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day and start applying Ibuprofen Liquigel four times a day on the affected foot. Buy good and comfortable foot wear so that walking itself does not aggravate the pain that is already there. I would also suggest that you visit a Physiotherapist on a daily basis at least for a week to learn a few important steps to alleviate the morning stiffness of the affected joints and then do those at home every morning.Wear firm fitting stockings starting from your feet and going up to the mid calf.Ask your doctor to start you on Disease modifying anti rheumatic drugs so that inflammation subsides and the pain decreases.If the pain still remains, you will need to visit a pain management specialist for intra articular cortisone and anesthetic injections which are good for 6 months in relieving the pain.Let me know if you have any concerns about this.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.