Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My left upper arm, about 5 inches down from my shoulder, hurts

Customer Question

My left upper arm, about 5 inches down from my shoulder, hurts and is weak. I cannot raise my arm.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou could have torn a rotator cuff muscle in your shoulder or caused by tendonitis in your shoulder.that is your deltoid muscle there in your shoulder which is suppose to be able to raise your arm.you also could have a pinched nerve in your neck spine causing weakness of your left shoulder musclesyou have to see a doctor about this right awayand get a shoulder exam and shoulder MRI scanto check for injury.you can see your primary care doctor or go to the ER for urgent evaluation.do you have a doctor you can see right away?do you have health insurance to be able to see a doctor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have called my primary care Dr and yes I have insurance.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
that is goodwhen is your appointment with your primary care doctor?what other questions do you have for me?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.