Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have be having a pain on my left arm all the way to

Customer Question

Hello. I have be having a pain on my left arm all the way to my fingers of and on and sometimes on mu left leg. Sometimes it travels to my right.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
If you have sharp pain along the arms to the finger and accompanying pins and needles or numbness and tingling then this is due to cervical spondylosis or compression of the roots of the brachial plexus, the nerve bundle that supplies the arm. This is mostly related to occupation, odd postures, previous trauma or arthritis.
I would suggest that you start Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day and apply ibuprofen liquigel along the back of the neck thrice a day, sleep on a hard mattress to keep your posture correct and also do not use a big bulky pillow.
The best course of action will be to see your PCP and get an xray of the cervical spine done in 2 views, this will give valuable information on the vertebra of the neck, intervertebral space and the curvature of the cervical spine.
The treatment is conservative and you early treatment will halt the progression of the condition providing long term relief from symptoms.
Let me know if you have more queries about this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best.