DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have server pain in shoulders that radiates down my arms.

Customer Question

I have server pain in shoulders that radiates down my arms. I am 71 and I still work. I am a maintenance director but unable to move my arms in many directions. What do I need to take to ease my pain and move freely. This pain came on in a short period of time.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
It is not a matter of what to take.
That will cover the problem up.
You need to see a doctor right away.
This can be compression of the spinal cord and nerve roots in the neck. It can become a surgical emergency if you do not address it with an MRI and the correct physical therapy, assuming that is still feasible.
There are other disease that can start in the arms like this....polymylagia rheumatica for example, which is a prescription treatment as well.
Get an exam: internist, orthopedist, rheumatologist or physical medicine doctor.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.