healthydoc
healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist
55821379

My wife (65 years old) has had severe back pain at the Siatic

My wife (65 years old) has had severe back pain at the Siatic (sic) nerve for a few days. This morning she was watering plants and a more serious attack occured.
I gave her Tramadol (50 Mg)and put a Lidoderm patch on her lower right back/upper buttocks.
She can not walk without severe pain and is laying on the floor.She is pain free at the moment as long as she does not tr to get up.
Any suggestions on what to do next.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

As she has already taken the medication and has applied a patch that would help to ease the pain. If she has difficulty getting up or walking difficulty she needs to perform sciatica stretch. I am providing you a link that can help her to relieve the compression. Hope it is helpful.

healthydoc :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvXv1Lb9xE

healthydoc :

My goal is to provide you an excellent service. If you have any further questions than I would be happy to answer, if satisfied than please rate my service positively. Thank you.