healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist

Hi. I have recently been getting an electric shock feeling

Hi. I have recently been getting an electric shock feeling in my arms once in a while when I bend my head forward. I didn't figure it out until today that it was related to my head but it started last wednesday. At the end of June I electrically shocked myself with 220 volts and then fell about 5' off a ladder and landed on my head. Last week I was diagnosed with vertigo probably caused by the blow to my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Russ.

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question.

healthydoc :

Was the neck involved in the injury?

The electric shock like feeling in your arms can be due to nerve compression in your neck at C5,C6 or C7. this can be felt more when your bend your head forward. I would suggest to see a neurologist who can order MRI of you neck to evaluate the nerve compression as you had head injury recently. He may also order EMG nerve conduction test to evaluate the compression of the nerve.

Please get back to me if you have any further questions. Thank you.