Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine

Hit in the right temple two days ago. Have started having an

Hit in the right temple two days ago. Have started having an ear ache in my right ear today, after working in the yard. Should I be concerned?
Hi, this is Neuro Doctor, an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast clinical experience, and I am very glad to help you with your question.

If this is just some ear ache then this does not sound anything serious. Since the aching and the hit was on the same side so this might indicate there is some minor injury in the ear too in addition to temple region. And if there were any serious ear injury then the pain should have appeared immediately or quite early but not two days later like this, also pain would have been quite severe, so this is less likely anything serious. Also I assume you have no major symptoms like fluid discharge from the ear, bleeding from the ear, hearing deficits/deafness etc, if these additional symptoms too present in addition to the earache then that might indicate something serious but if ear ache is the only main ear symptom then this is most likely nothing serious and this type of symptom is expected to resolve on its own in the coming few days.

If the pain persists, or worsens or if any new symptoms arise then you need to see your clinic doctors and undergo a thorough ear examination and if needed certain relevant investigations too, however this is most likely nothing serious for the reasons mentioned above and this should resolve in the next few days or so, all the best!

Have I answered your questions & concerns? - If not please let me know and we can discuss this further; and if you feel you have received the answer to your questions & concerns then please rate me Excellent to compensate me for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards

Neuro Doctor