deardr, Doctor
Experience:  I have worked in a Medical School for last 10 years as a faculty.

I had a sharp, intense, fast headache yesterday. It came

I had a sharp, intense, fast headache yesterday. It came on in 15 seconds and then went away about 3 hours later. I still have a residual headache and a lot of stress! I am wondering if this is typical of a "warning" headache?

Do you have associated symptoms like vomiting/ visual disturbances, extra? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,

I don't have any existing conditions, and now that the headache is very mild I dont have any other visual or stomach issues. I do have a slight stiff neck, which occured during the first half hour of the headache.

I am happy that headache has subsided now. No associated symptoms relieve me. Headache can be due to varied causes like - intracranial abnormality {inflammation, infection or some mass}/ referred pain from sinuses, cervical spine, teeth or eyes/ stress or anxiety/ less quality sleep/ raised blood pressure or low blood sugar.

In your case I would think of stress as my first thought. Serious abnormality would generally present with associated symptoms like vomiting, weakness in any part of the body or loss of consciousness.

As of now - Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol, smoking/ stay away from stress or anxiety {Yoga, meditation help}. If headache increases in severity than few investigations like blood tests and CT Brain may be needed to get more answers. Motrin should give you relief from pain and discomfort.

Wish you well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So just because it came on suddenly and sharp, in itself is not enough to raise such a concern? It was definaetly the weirdest thing I had experienced medically. If it were a "leak" I would still have some headache/symptoms?

Thank you for your prompt answers, I really appreciate it.

Please calm down.

If it were a leak or an aneurysm you would have severe headache/ loss of consciousness or weakness in some part of the body {depending on the region of leak in brain}.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr., the internet can be a horrible place for someone to look with a medical just leads to more concerns.

Thanks again,

Have a good day