Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

equipment fell on head in mid march- concussion, 3 herniated

equipment fell on head in mid march-
concussion, 3 herniated disc's in Cervical neck

continuing to have pain on scalp and in head more when bending over, sneezing, any pressure-
is this something I should be concerned about?

Dr. Bob :

What cervical levels were affected?

Customer:

C3-C4

Customer:

C4-C5

Customer:

C5-C6

Customer:

C6-C7

Customer:

most severe at c5-c6

Dr. Bob :

I see. There is likely crowding of the cervical nerve roots due to your injury. This may be worse with neck flexion.

Dr. Bob :

I would suggest you get "flexion and extension" views of the cervical spine to see if there is slippage during head movement.

Customer:

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX cause the pain on my head? they do want to do disc surgery and put plate in to keep neck secure

Dr. Bob :

Yes, the upper neck and head pain is from irritation of your occipital nerves that come off the upper spine.

Dr. Bob :

They supply sensation all the way up to the top of the head in back, and can cause pretty severe headaches.

Customer:

Again thank you, XXXXX XXXXX been getting headaches and told by doctor that they can't from my neck

Customer:

you explained it well, thank you again

Dr. Bob :

You're welcome. Ask your neurologist about an occipital nerve block if meds are not helping.

Dr. Bob :

This is where your doctor numbs up the occipital nerves with an injection (not an epidural, which is a deeper injection into the spinal nerve roots.)