Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

I am having tingling in my left forearm and hand. It goes

I am having tingling in my left forearm and hand. It goes away and comes back. If I am busy I don't notice it. I also had it in my right hand and it has seemed to go away. I had an MRI (without contrast) done in the last month on head and neck due to vertigo. Head was clear but neck had 4 slight to mild bulging discs. I had no arm/hand symptoms until after I got the results. I don't know if its a mind thing causing it or just a coincidence. I am worried about MS
Welcome to Just Answer. I am an Adult Neurologist and was contacted to answer your question.

Hello. With a normal noncontrasted MRI, it is unlikely that demyelinating disease like MS is responsible for your tingling response in the left forearm. More common would be the slightly bulging discs in your cervical spine. But anxiety certainly could be another factor in the evolution of these symptoms.

please get back to me if I can help. ask questions and I will return with a reply. Dr Frank t
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for responding. If it is the disc issue would that cause off and on tingling and if so will the NSAIDS help. I am on Lodine 500 mg xl per day. The anxiety of not knowing if its a terrible disease is worse then the symptom and its probably making me feel every sensation in my hand and arm.

I would agree with you. from your description, I would suggest you focus on just relaxing about this, and yes, lodine 500 should work fine. Do not fall into the MS phobia as many do online. Your MRI is clean. Dr Frank T
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you