Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have severe pain in my neck right side

Welcome to Just Answer. I am an Adult Neurologist and was contacted to answer your question.

Hello. can you be more descriptive? where on the neck? Is this a problem of your carotid artery, or in the bone (vertebral column arthritis)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The pain is actually at thebottom of the head just below thright ear. I guess this is not a bone

Hello. that is not a good place to have pain. Conditions to consider are enlarged lymph nodes from throat inflammation (sore throat or tonsils?), Glossopharyngeal neuralgia. You can also have vascular problem, as the carotid artery passes up in that area. Do you have any reason to have a viral infection? Is there any sense that the pain is aggravated with neck movements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont think that the pain related to a viral infection or that the pain relates to the neck movement.

hi. The other possibility is carotidynia, an inflammation of the carotid artery as it passes up into the neck, you need an examination to determine the cause, and I would suggest you see you doctor. It could also be a neoplasm if you have continual pain, and in that location, you need to act. It is difficult to give you more information from here online. Please get back to me if you have questions I can answer.