healthydoc, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified U.S. Neurologist

Im experiencing severe tremors in both arms and hands emanating

I'm experiencing severe tremors in both arms and hands emanating from both shoulders, causing problems with coordination and general usage. Both hands and low back have advanced arthritis. My muscles overall are usually jumping. I am female, 5'2", 113 lbs., age 81. Recent blood and x-ray tests are normal. My current PA has no recommendation.
Fayanna Milne

healthydoc :

Hello and thank you for your question. Fayanna, is the tremor there at rest or with motions when you attempt to do soemthing? Have you seen a neurologist?

Tremors and muscle spasms are prevalent in both cases. I haven't seen a neurologist.

healthydoc :

It may be caused by severe nerve compression in the neck. if so, there are medications to ease muscle spasm like baclofen. It would be helpful to see a neurologist to get this evaluted and rule out other primary tremor disorders like Parkinson's and essential tremor (which I don't think these are but should be looked at and ruled out)