Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I need a neurologist to evaluate me to see if I have narcolepsy

I need a neurologist to evaluate me to see if I have narcolepsy because I hit a car and must have closed my eyes (and for a few seconds) I was not awake. I need a doctor ASAP because I was arrested on DUII. Breathalizer 00.00. Urine test clear. I was released to my husband on bail. I live in Lake Oswego, OR and would like to find a doctor nearby.
I am interested, from on-line research, in NW Functional Neurology because their info sounds like they could help me get my life back. Two doctors are DC. Please advise.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

neuromd2012 :

Welcome to Just Answer. I am an Adult Neurologist and was contacted to answer your question.

neuromd2012 :

I am waiting for you to come online

neuromd2012 :

as you are offline, I will attach a search engine from the American Academy of Neurology

neuromd2012 :

you just put in your location, and choose "sleep disorders" from the pull down menu, and you should get a listing of

neuromd2012 :

sleep neurologists in your area

neuromd2012 :

http://patients.aan.com/findaneurologist/

neuromd2012 :

I am here to answer your questions when you come online, just post a question and I will reply

Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am currently on line
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello
So how can I help?
The practice you suggested is a chiropractic practice, so I really cannot comment on that type of treatment, I looked at the webpage, but could not see if they did any testing other than blood work evaluations???
If you have symptoms suggesting Narcolepsy, you should get a PSG (polysomnogram) and maybe a MSLT ( multiple sleep latency test) and document early onset REM, and with that information, and your history of adderall and other medications (?), you should be able to decide if narcolepsy is your diagnosis.
Please get back to me to discuss this if I can help, ask questions. Dr Frank T
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find out if the doctor does those tests; will I have to call each one and ask or should I go to the one I found who works w/sleep disorders?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
You need a Neurologist that specializes in Sleep Disorders, I would call and ask if he had a sleep lab, because you need a diagnosis, and not just medications.

Did you use that webpage search engine I attached earlier??? How many sleep neurologists are in your area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not use it and don't know if I can get back to that page. On line I saw 1 sleep expert. However, I have been in an overnight hospital for diagnosis of sleep apnea. Would you please provide that information again? Thank you very much, I think that you may have put me on the right track.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

above is a webaddress provided by the american academy of neurology. It lists all board certified neurologists in North America. You just put in your location, and choose "sleep disorders" from the pull down menu, and you should get a list in your area.

please get back to me with questions if I can help dr Frank T
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. You have put me on the right track and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
good luck to you. please get back to me if I can help at any time