Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

Hello, For about two months I began having severe bilateral

For about two months I began having severe bilateral humorous pain, swelling, redness, hot. Unable to use arms. Then about 4 weeks ago my left leg weakness, still having trouble with all these symptoms. I have balance issues and coordination problems. Last week I began waking up with headaches, which I usually do, but these actually were more mild, but resulted in morning vomiting until head went away, by taking over the counter aspirin. I went to a Neuro and he ordered an MRI of brain and Cervical spine. It came back 1.0 parasigital meningioima along dura posterial frontal lobe. I was then sent to another MRI with contrast. My question is can this small tumor be responsible for my symptoms? And what should I expect when I go back to see Neuro Doc.?

A meningioma in that location should not have anything to do with arm symptoms, and if you are saying the meningioma is 1.0 cm in size, then it is certainly too small to be causing issues with headaches, or left leg symptoms.

A large meningioma in the parasagittal area could theoretically be causing leg symptoms, though again, a 1.0 cm is too small to be the cause of any symptoms.

So, I would want your neurologist to confirm this, and perhaps consider other testing, such as examining your cervical spine, where the nerves to your arms would originate, and review the MRI to the cervical spine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What more can be learned with the MRI with contrast?

They wish to confirm that this appears to be a meningioma.Contrast will help to "light" up the tumor.It is routinely done to confirm the appearance of a meningioma, and will be valuable to you as they will be comparing this scan to ones in the future to monitor it for any future growth.