Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

ive been having some sharp throbbing pain in my right shoulder

ive been having some sharp throbbing pain in my right shoulder through the arm. which then causes tingly , cold fingers in my hand. the pain worsens when used during a reflex situation. what could it mean?

Your story sounds most like a "pinched" nerve in the neck, called cervical radiculopathy:

See the link above for more information. The symptoms which run from the shoulder, down the arm, into the hand seem to point to the nerve in the neck as the likely culprit. Most likely, either a C6 or C7 nerve (cervical sixth or seventh nerve) issue.

If this continues for more than a few weeks, having your doctor evaluate you and ordering a MRI of the cervical spine can be helpful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you. the pain comes and goes. has been for a few months now. after the severity of lastnights episode, i think its time i go to the doctor. thank you for your help. its most appreciated.

Best of luck to you.