Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have an indentation right at the middle to part of my skul

I have an indentation right at the middle to part of my skull. It's literally right in the center, it feels like two very prominent hills. If I press at the middle of the dent, it's tender. I have had this for years, at least since I was a teenager. I have suffered from migraines for years also
Hello.

What you may be feeling is a part of the skull where the "sutures" of the skull meet, which is the way the skull forms as it enlarges from when you were a baby.

Some people do have small "lumps" in the skull itself as well, just as a part of the way the skull is formed when you were a child.

Whether or not this has anything to do with migraines is questionable, since the shape of the skull generally has nothing to do with headaches (which would be from within the skull, the nerves around the brain, not the skull itself). Nevertheless, having a scan of the brain (CT or MRI) given your long history of migraines may be helpful, if it has never been done before.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.