Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I have been having reoccuring pain over my left temple for

I have been having reoccuring pain over my left temple for the past few weeks. It only lasts a few moments but seems to be happening with greater frequency. At firs,t once every few days, now periodically throughout the day. Should I seek medical attention for this (I do have a regularlly scheduled check next week with my GP) and if so, which type of doctor should I look for.

I would start with your GP.

With an exam and some blood tests, they can help to narrow this down for you. In many cases, this is just a nerve in the scalp which is being irritated, which tends to improve on its own over weeks to a few months. This can be caused by things that put pressure on the nerve, such as sleeping habits, or infections or swelling in the area, or things such as excess tension.

Another issue your doctor will rule out is "temporal arteritis", which is inflammation of the blood vessels in that area, which can cause side of the head pains. This can be evaluated with a blood test.

So, start with your GP, and they can help guide your evaluation.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No response, thanks!