Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

My friend has rods in her back for about 6 years. she has

My friend has rods in her back for about 6 years. she has numiness and pain in both legs that is getting worse. There is no feeling in hips sence the surgery. Dr says surgery is good. She needs neurologest that looks into this kind of problem

Well, it would seem that she would benefit from another opinion about her lower back to look for other areas of possible nerve compression.

This can be done with another MRI of the lumbar spine, or a CT myelogram to look for nerve compression.

A neurologist that performs an EMG test can help to determine the function of the nerve in the legs, and see if there is nerve "damage", or ongoing nerve issues that is causing her symptoms.

I would definitely get a second opinion in this matter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your answer is pretty much what we have decided. WE need the name of the right kind of doctors to pick from, Perferably from Presbeterian Hosp Of Dallas. The 1 st surgery was done at the Aston center. We need something closer to home this time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your answer is what we decided also. But we need the the names of good Nurelogest to pick from, some from Presbeterian Hosp of Dallas if this is possible. Trying to find a good one is hard . We do not know enough about any of them or who they are. Thank you

Hello.While I am not familiar with any of these doctors personally, this group seems to have a good reputation: