Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

neoplasm in the left frontal lobe of the brain, mri done, mri

neoplasm in the left frontal lobe of the brain, mri done, mri w and w/o contrast. symptoms headache when i lay down at night, tremors of right thumb and foot

Do you have a specific question about this neoplasm?

Was there any additional information from the MRI report? Did this neoplasm enhance with the contrast?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just says it is in the left frontal white matter and a glial neoplasm certainly is possible, neuro dr. will repeat mri in 1 week, what about symptoms?? the report suggest a ct scan , but neuro dr. didn't request one. I am alone and somewhat frightened by this report and the symptoms I am having, what do you suggest I do???

OK, thanks for the additional information.

This area in the left frontal lobe probably has nothing to do with your symptoms. This area does not control the movement in your arms or legs, and so issues with tremors are not likely to be related to this. It is not likely that this is the cause of headaches, though it is possible.

I'm not sure why there would be a suggestion of a CT scan, because a MRI is a much better way to view the brain.

If the repeat MRI confirms that there is some type of abnormality in the left frontal lobe, the doctor may suggest a biopsy to get a diagnosis. They can also suggest repeating a scan in several months to look for any change. Of course, this depends on the actual appearance of this area on the MRI. There can be many reasons for changes in the brain, with this "glial neoplasm" being one of them, and I think you will have more answers after the MRI is repeated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your response, so you don't think its cancer? I appreciate your imput, have a good evening.

Well, without even seeing the MRI, it really is impossible for me to know.

But when they say "possible" neoplasm, then the radiologists aren't sure. The only way to know is via a biopsy.

But the repeat MRI should be very helpful in determining what to do next.

Best of luck to you.