DrBrain, Neurologist
Experience:  Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology

My arms and legs fall asleep all the time. I do not even have

My arms and legs fall asleep all the time. I do not even have to have them crossed or be sitting on one and my foot will fall asleep. I have rynaud's disease but my doctor says there is nothing he can tell me but to wear mittens in the winter and warm socks. Are my sleeping limbs a symptom of Rynauds? Can i do anything about it?

DrBrain :

Hello and welcome to just answer.

The symptoms you are experiencing is due to Raynaud's. Typical symptoms of Raynaud's are

Cold fingers and toes
Sequence of color changes in your skin in response to cold or stress
Numb, prickly feeling or stinging pain upon warming or relief of stress

DrBrain :

Depending on the cause of your symptoms, medications may help treat Raynaud's. To widen (dilate) blood vessels and promote circulation, your doctor may prescribe medications like amlodipine, plendil.

DrBrain :

Try to avoid caffeine, exercise regularly, avoid stress, , guard your hands and feet from injury. Don't walk barefoot. Take care of your nails to avoid injuring sensitive toes and fingertips. In addition, avoid wearing anything that compresses blood vessels in your hands or feet, such as tight wristbands, rings or footwear.

DrBrain :

let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.