Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

My son had a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain after

My son had a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain after a big fall when he was 2. Now he is 13 and still has trouble learning and is angry. Is there anything I can do to help him with his brain functioning?should I get an x-ray of his brain? Is there anything to reverse his injury in his brain. I am not even sure that the medication is helping. He is getting all D's and F's this year and can't seem to explain why. He just can't remember things.

An xray of the brain, or even CT of the brain is not likely to show anything significant, as that injury was so long ago. Even a MRI of the brain is not likely to show much.

Certainly, if the doctors want to get imaging of the brain, it would not be unreasonable.

But there would not be any specific medication or therapy that could "reverse" any injury in the brain (if there is one).

But these issues are probably better suited by seeing a neuropsychologist, who can evaluate him to see if he has a specific learning disability, or other issue impeding his ability in school.