Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I had a syncopal episode/seizure on August 10 which landed

I had a syncopal episode/seizure on August 10 which landed me in the hospital for three days during which time it was determined that I have a small calcified meningioma in the anterior left middle cranial fossa. I am also having blurred vision, pressure in the lower left quadrant of my head, headaches which get worse at night. My primary physician seems to think that this meningioma is asymptomatic. However, I have my doubts. I don't know how he could come to that conclusion, considering all the problems I have had recently. What do you think?

This is really hard to know, even with a MRI.

Meningiomas are known to cause seizures - but if this is a small meningioma that is exerting minimal pressure on the brain, then it would be unlikely.

If there is swelling in the brain next to the meningioma (which can be seen on the MRI you will be having) - then the chances of this meningioma causing neurologic symptoms is higher.

However, it probably has nothing to do with blurred vision, the pressure in your head (meningiomas have to get very, very large to cause those problems), nor headaches that worsen at night.

But the MRI will give your doctors more information.