Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician. Specialized in neurological emergencies

what does the pons control?

Customer Question

what does the pons control?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I apologise for the delay, but it gave me time to consider your question...

The pons is involved in several functions of the body including

Controlling Autonomic Functions
Relaying Sensory Information Between the Cerebrum and Cerebellum

It is a very critical part of the Hindbrain. It means bridge in Latin.
The pons is a portion of the hindbrain that connects the cerebral cortex with the medulla oblongata. It also serves as a communications and coordination center between the two hemispheres of the brain. As a part of the brainstem, the
pons helps in the transferring of messages between various parts of the brain and the spinal cord.

I hope this helps.
Please don't forget to complete the accept process. If you need more clarification, ask prior to rating. Anything like expected more or helped a little is considered to be a failed grade for us... :-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your assistance.
you are welcome.

Warm regards.

Please choose GREAT SERVICE, GOT THE JOB DONE or INFORMATIVE AND HELPFUL to complete the answer process, anything else is a negative response. If you feel like choosing expected more or helped a little, please reply here PRIOR to leaving feedback so we can help you better.

Thanks for using Just Answer!