Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

I have a lesion on the right frontal horn of my brain, over

I have a lesion on the right frontal horn of my brain, over the past week i have had extremely horrible headaches, tingling on the left side of my face, shakes, nausea but no vomiting or fever. My one right eye hurts and is blurry and the left twitches now when the pain is full on. All my muscles ache the same. The pain seems to move all over my head and has yet to fully go away. Any clue if this is all linked?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 2 years ago.

neuromd2012 :

HI

neuromd2012 :

I am an adult neurologist, and will attempt to answer your question. You are offline, so please review the following information and ask questions if you have them , or if you are asked to answer my questions, please do so and I will return to reply. If you feel you have recieved enough information and are satisfied, please hit the accept button as that is how I am compensated for my work. If you have additional questions, even after you have hit the accept, for example you now have lab results, please return and I will be glad to answer your questions. Please be aware that as a physician I cannot make a diagnosis without an examination, so this is for information purposes only and does not adhere to the role of a patient-physician relationship. Ok?

neuromd2012 :

Waiting to see if you come online

neuromd2012 :

So I would appreciate a better description of the lesion off your left frontal horn of the lateral ventricle. Do ou have a report?

neuromd2012 :

What you are describing is generalize muscle pain or achyness, and I would ask if you have some history of arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis as a more specific question?

neuromd2012 :

there are condtions like viral exanthems, the flu, or inflammatory myositis, that can give you general aches or pains. I would certainly link all of your symptoms together if they began together over the past week.

neuromd2012 :

since you do not have a fever, I guess that excludes the flu

Customer:

I do not have a recent report am making a mri appt asap for a follow up. I can not reminder really anything from the last report i have. I forget everything.

Customer:

I have a history of arthritis linked to previous lymes diease

neuromd2012 :

but I would go and see my regular doctor and get some blood work which would involve a CBC, sed rate, rheum titer, lyme titer, ana

neuromd2012 :

oh hi

Customer:

Already ordered only waiting on results, hi

neuromd2012 :

so you need a

cpk,

neuromd2012 :
Customer:

Would face tingling be a normal thing with a headache?

neuromd2012 :

absolutely, it comes from irritation of the maxillary nerve or trigeminal nerve depending on location,

neuromd2012 :

as your muscles contract they actually affect the nerve firing

Customer:

They are doing a panel for diabetes which i dont think has anything to do with this and checking for vitamins

neuromd2012 :

yes, that is part of the routine blood work, but you should think about ANA and check your muscle enzymes ok?

neuromd2012 :

or this could be your lymes again

Customer:

had 2 spinals for that already both + and both treated with antibiotics, with a home nurse and all

neuromd2012 :

oh, so that is sounding more likely to me.

neuromd2012 :
Customer:

When they found the lesion the first time they said that it could only be from the lymes if i had a stroke

Customer:

But my heart test fine

neuromd2012 :

good

Customer:

So they said ms

Customer:

but that they cant prove that because i only have one lesion

neuromd2012 :

have they checked your csf for MS like oligoclonal bands, IgG index etc?

Customer:

no

neuromd2012 :

so they think this is all lyme

Customer:

that is what i dont understand

neuromd2012 :

well diffuse muscular pain is not MS

Customer:

they said that if i had the medicine like i did that lymes would not come back

neuromd2012 :

yes, that is the general statement

Customer:

i would keep long term things but i would never get fully sick from it again

Customer:

i have had 2 of those treatments now

neuromd2012 :

did you have 3 weeks of IV antibiotics?

Customer:

twice

neuromd2012 :

wow.

neuromd2012 :

well I don't know what else to suggest, you probably still have symptoms from your lyme

neuromd2012 :

or you have some sort of inflammatory auto immune or rheum problem

neuromd2012 :

viral

Customer:

would they show up in blood tests?

neuromd2012 :

well the epstein barr titers would they would be either chronic or acute exposure

Customer:

ok

neuromd2012 :

good luck to you, hope you feel better

Customer:

thanks

neuromd2012 :

you are welcome

Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.