Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

my husband has a vertibular basilar tortorous,twisted artery,with

Customer Question

my husband has a vertibular basilar tortorous,twisted artery,with a mass at the mudella,pons.he also has hand arm tremors,and is unstable when he walks. is there a treatment for this,and what can we expect. thank you,mary
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.

Doctor-Bob :

Hello. When was the MRI done? What is the nature of the mass in the brainstem? Have you consulted with a neurosurgeon?

JACUSTOMER-hw0piw2g- :

2011,mra,the neurologist was at our local va hospital,but she never maded him another appt.he seemed to have slipped through the cracks.no he has not has f/u.

Doctor-Bob :

Well, the tortuous VB artery is likely longstanding, and would be an unusual source of your husband's symptoms.

Doctor-Bob :

The mass, on the other hand, is probably the culprit. It needs to be better characterized. The prognosis depends on the type of tumor, the size, the location, and how fast it is growing. If the original MRA was done in early to mid 2011, it should be repeated now to look for change.

Doctor-Bob :

I would suggest you make a follow up appointment with your previous neurologist, or a new one, and inquire about a consultation with neurosurgery.

Doctor-Bob :

Hello. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Did I answer your question? If I was of help to you, and you have no further questions, please remember to accept my answer. I appreciate the acknowledgment. Thank you.