Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I have tingling sensation and some numbness in my right leg,

Customer Question

I have tingling sensation and some numbness in my right leg, what could that be?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.

Doctor-Bob :

What part of your leg is involved? Is it continuous or does it come and go? Are there any fasciculations (tiny tremors) in the muscles of the leg?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I feel it from my knee down to my toes. It feels like its going numb and I also feel the tingling sensation. So far it comes and go and do not feel tiny tremors in the muscles.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
Would you say it affects the entire leg below the knee, including all the toes? Or is it more front than back, or more inside more than outside, or more big toe than little toe?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes its the entire leg below the knee including all the toes. It feels funny at times especially the numbness. I work in a office that requires me to seat behind a computer for a while, I don't know if that has anything to do with it although I do walk around the work place in order to circulate blood around my body.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.

While I cannot diagnose you, obviously, without examining you and knowing your history, on the face of it this problem does not sound like a slipped disc in the low back or a nerve compression problem. It is unlikely to be a peripheral neuropathy because it comes and goes and only involves one leg.

If it is positional (e.g. occurs after sitting awhile), it may be a circulation problem. For example, the femoral artery at the groin may be getting compressed transiently, reducing flow to the extremity, or you might have peripheral vascular disease. You should make an appointment to see your family doctor for a physical exam. He can check your pulses, and your nerve integrity, and order any test that is indicated, including tests of circulation and nerve function.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you doctor
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome. Follow up anytime.