RH, Board Certified Neurologist
Experience:  Expert in various areas of Neurology

my right hand has been uncontrollable shaking for the last

my right hand has been uncontrollable shaking for the last month and i feel like my whole inside is but now i feel like my head is shaking, numbness around mouth. i have anxiety but this is totally different. i was just hospitalized a month ago thought i was having a heart attack (im a 50 yo woman) so they kept me over night my blood pressure was very high for me it was 185 and they said i wasnt but im scheduled to have a echo done and a stress test done in the 2 weeks. do or am i getting parkinson disease or ms i have arthritis of the neck and whole spine.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  RH replied 5 years ago.

Is the right hand tremor present at rest or when you are moving or when they are stretched out in front of you. Perioral numbness (around the mouth) is very typical for an anxiety attack. Were you checked for your thyroid function? Have you taken any antianxiety medication and seen any difference in your symptoms? Overall these are not the symptoms of parkinsons or MS.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my hand shakes when using it or at rest. i have take lorazapam as needed doesnt help the shaking. no they didnt check my thyroid at least i dont think. im also having still chest pains.
Expert:  RH replied 5 years ago.
Hyperthyroidism can cause all your symptoms and need to rule it out. I would recommend to use Propranolol 20 mg twice a day to see if that takes care of your symptoms - this medication is used for anxiety/panic, high bp, and if all these symptoms are associated with thyroid dysfunction, then it works great.