RH
RH, Board Certified Neurologist
Experience:  Expert in various areas of Neurology
49231481

Ive been feeling pressure around my temples (not a normal

I've been feeling pressure around my temples (not a normal headache) on up to the top of my head along with slight dissiness. This happens a few days out of the week for the past three weeks or so. Should I make an appointment with a neurologist? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I recently had a thorough eye examination and my opthamologist did not see anything other than higher pressure than normal which he's keeping an eye on. He said we would do a test similar to a CT in another year.
Hello Customer!

Does this headache resolve if you take Motrine or Aleve? Is there also tighthness of your neck and shoulder muscles? Have you been stressed or tensed lately or overworking yourself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am 50 years old and always have tended to keep tension in my shoulders. I've taken Tylenol, Bayer, and Advil depending on what's available. They do seem to help. Again, it's not hurting like a headache - it feels fuzzy, and heavy almost like I felt as a little girl when I passed out from heatstroke at the pool. Stress level has not changed.
Your description is much that of tension type headache - is it the kind of headache when you have studied a lot for an exam and after the exam - you are relaxed but have a "heavy head" and tensed shoulders?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, it's more like my scalp has gone to sleep or is going to sleep and someone is putting pressure on my head from the outside. Thank you!
Ok. it can be either of the two causes - depending on your neurological examination - it can be what i had stated above or pinched nerves in your neck - called cervical radiculopathy and cervicalgia (headaches due to the radiating pain up to your head) since you talk about the scalp going to sleep and the pressure from the outside to inside. Antiinflammatory medications - even over the counter work well for it and it does not seem to be any serious but for proper neurological assessment - would recommend an neurological evaluation and he or she may say the same thing but atleast you will have the satisfaction that you were examined.