Dr. F
Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.
39941098

Why do my feet burn and feel numb like my skin is too tight

Why do my feet burn and feel numb like my skin is too tight and then when I move my feet in ciircles it feels like something is being torn away?.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. F replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

How long has this been going on?

is it getting better, worse or staying the same?
Do you have any other medical problems ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This has been going on for several months but getting worse over time. My RA DR. didn't seem too interested and my MD, just said my circulation looks okay so it must be an RA side effect. Today I have stabbing pains that move around on both feet. I just took a Naproxin (sp). My skin feels like it is too tight so when I stretch my foot in any direction, it really hurts. I have HBP controlled by medication and then osteo and rheumatoid arthritis,
Expert:  Dr. F replied 4 years ago.

Your symptoms sound consistent with a peripheral neuropathy. THis problem Is associated with RA

The good news is that the uncomfortable feeling is treatable. Drugs such as neurontin can "calm" those nerves. If that doesn't work, there are other medications which can be effective.

If your Rheumatologist is not able to help you, I would suggest you get seen by a Neurologist. Some herbal meds and vitamins help people, but I am not expert in that area.

It is also important to consider other causes such as spinal arthritis with nerve compression and leg blood flow problems.

Thank you for the opportunity to help you. To give me credit for my time and effort, please press the ACCEPT button for this answer. After that, I will still be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

This answer is for information only. It cannot and should not be substituted for or the recommendation of your doctor

You have also found an effective comfort measure..socks! They also protect your feet, which might be injured when you can't feel things well

Dr. F, Board Certified MD
Experience: Neurosurgeon with more than 20 years experience in practice and teaching.