Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a knabe mignonette upright with #4386 carved on the

Customer Question

I have a knabe mignonette upright with #4386 carved on the side. It's art deco style, so I think it's from the 1945 and I would like to sell it. How can I figure out its worth?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I don't know much else than what I said above. It is in perfect working order, and has been tuned and used regularly until a few months ago when my son decided to stop. I bought it a few years ago and was told that it's from 1945.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: what else would you like to know?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your question! There should be a serial number inside by the strings. Can you check for that? Also, what's the height of it?