Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have a brass bugnle, with marks 1.) a squared "8" and 2.)

Customer Question

I have a brass bugnle, with marks 1.) a squared "8" and 2.) a crown, both very small, and up near the mouthpiece. Do you know more?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It has one valve, the complete mouthpiece, original wool rope and tassel(sp?), and two loops. I'm not good with the terms...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I think the marks are most important. I'd like to know where and by whom it was made. I was told it's Civil war?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I really do know how to spell bugle. I just can't type...
Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

No worries :) Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 month ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Musical Instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This is

an army bugle Japanese WWIi, it appears to be in excellent condition. This would sell for $150-250 at auction.

Thank you,

Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer

Expert:  Wayne replied 27 days ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,