John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I have a K.KawaiBaby Grand piano, My K.Kawai baby Grand

Customer Question

I have a K.KawaiBaby Grand piano
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: My K.Kawai baby Grand piano is KG-2D(###) ###-#### We are the second owner and it has been stored in our home and my sister-in-laws home. When stored like now it is in an environmental climate controlled room. The only mark on it is from a cigarette burn prior to us buying it. It needs tuning as it has not been done in quite awhile.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that We're aware of.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** am working on this for you now.

Thank you for your patience.

From the serial number records the year of build is 1985, so this piano is around 31 years old and thus will have experienced some depreciation due to age and usage.

Kawai have a very good reputation for making quality pianos and thus their second-hand prices hold up quite well. The Model KG-2D is a 5’ 10” Grand Piano which has a good strong sound and tone.

Therefore based on the information I have, together with the information you have provided, I believe your Kawai Model KB-2D Grand Piano now has a value in the $8,500 to $11,000 range for a private sale. For an insurance value it should be insured for a full replacement value of up to $25,000

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating but at least 3 is preferable; therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH’ or ‘SUBMIT’ button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only. Also by completing the rating star system it will stop the continual rating reminder emails you would receive from this site.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’, I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of the same or very similar sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help or explanations on the value I have given please contact me before you complete the rating.

Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 10 days ago.

Hello again. It looks like you have not viewed my answer to your question - it could be that you did not receive the Email to advise you that the answer is on here waiting for you. So I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question? If you do not have any further points that need to be answered, I would be very grateful if you could please click on the Star Rating button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top of this page. Thank you. John.